So You Hired Bad Movers From Craigslist, What Now?

September 2, 2011

Lets face it. There are good movers and bad movers on Craigslist. No doubt about it.

I strongly believe that most of the movers on Craigslist, whether licensed or insured or not, are good movers.

I’d say about 20% of the movers on Craigslist are bad movers…so that leaves 80% that are good movers.

But you hired bad movers from Craigslist; so what do you do now?

Well, you could fire them and hire new ones, but chances are you made your move for the last minute so you are kind of stuck.

You could write a review of their services on some of them scam forums, but then, especially if they are not licensed and insured, will only change their name and continue to post on Craigslist as another “moving company.”

The problem with the moving industry is there are bad apples out there that really give this industry a bad rap. It is so unfortunate, because there are so many good, reliable movers that work their tails off to ensure that you have the best moving experience as possible.

Truthfully, the only solution to hiring bad movers is to not hire them in the first place.

I have got some really great info on this blog that will help you to spot the losers from the gems. I highly encourage to read each and every one of the articles so that you understand what to look for and how to hire only best Craigslist movers that you can.

But if you do fall victim to bad movers on Craigslist, the best thing you can do is stay calm.

Complaining and bitching right now will not help you have abetter experience and can only make matters a lot worse. So bite your tongue until you have all your possessions back. If there is any damage or loss make sure that you write that on the invoice before you sign off on it. Don’t let them pressure you otherwise. If they do pressure you then call the police for harassment.

Then, wherever you can, including Craigslist, write up your complaints and spread it around. Post a review on pissedconsumer.com, ripoffreport.com, google places, Angie’s list (if you are a member), Your state’s movers association, your state’s attorney general, the BBB, and so on.

The moving industry is not really regulated so there is not much anyone can do if you have a bad move, but by getting the word out about these losers, then you can make a difference so that the next guy doesn’t get burned too.

I hope that this helps?

Good luck!

Category: Craigslist Moving Scams

2 thoughts on “So You Hired Bad Movers From Craigslist, What Now?

  1. tameka_brewer@gmail.com on said:

    ADVANCED TECHNICAL MOVING )ATM)IS RUDE LAZY A RIP OFF THEY BAD OTHER MOVERS ON CRAIGSLIST SAYING THEY ARE THE BEST DO NOT USE THEM BUT MY MOVE WAS REAL BAD THE MOVERS SMELL LIKE BEER AND WEED SLOW OVER PRICE NEVER AGAIN
    STAY AWAY FROM (ATM)MOVING

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

CommentLuv badge